- PUTTY PIANO - Looking Through Glass Riot Audio 2:24
- PUTTY PIANO - Ripples Riot Audio 1:08
- PUTTY PIANO - Mallet Drive Riot Audio 1:22
Tired of your current mix of piano sounds?
In this sample library, we’ve taken an experimental approach by dampening the piano strings with thick blue poster putty (mostly known for being great for sticking posters to walls in rented accommodation!).
We’ve been experimenting with this sound for two years now. The result is a finely tuned balance between resonance and the sharp, rubbery attack that is unique to this way of preparing the piano.
The piano is a vintage 1950s British household upright – full of character and quirks.
Based on early feedback from our alpha testers we’ve added two extra layers of mechanical and human noise elements (e.g. pianist moving around, turning pages on a score) to dial in as you wish for an extra realistic feel.
If it’s a unique sound and oodles of character you’re after, this library is the perfect addition to your piano sample collection.
Putty Piano is a clean, light-weight Kontakt instrument designed to fit into large DAW templates without causing any significant CPU or RAM upset. We’re giving you a set of simple controls over a few carefully selected elements of the sound:
- Brightness: this controls how much of the hammer tap you hear. Because of the dampening putty, the attack can be very sharp and this control allows for some softening of the higher frequencies in that early part of the samples
- Release: this controls the length of the decay at the end of the note
- Sustain: this controls the balance between early attack and the sustain. Very useful for dialing in a softer, more mallet-like ringing tone
- Reverb: amount of reverb send (Bricasti Digital Reverb Model)
- Reverb Size: controls the length of the reverb trail
- Hammer: controls the volume for the “hammer” layer – the separate layer of the hammer falling back onto the felt. This is great for bringing in a sense of realism and authentic close-mic’ed feel.
- Noise: this controls the amount of random player-generated noise, for example shuffling, paper moving, pedal rattles etc.
Vintage Bentley British-made 1950s household upright with original worn strings
Dampened with BlutackTM poster putty
- 24 bit 48 khz sampling
- Bricasti Digital Reverb Modelling
- Hammer release and player noise layers
- Requires Kontakt 5.8