Bionic is a “transient splicing engine”, i.e. it is designed to give detailed control over a range of parameters needed to mix and match a number of different initial transients to another set of tails/longer sounds.
SOUND DESIGN POSSIBILITIES
The result are
- Hybrid recreations of classic sounds with mostly organic attacks (taps, mallets, plucks, brush) and a mix of organic and synth/pure sine tails.
- Creative, inventive sounds that push the combinations of previously unrelated sounds into new territory
Some of the “bionic” sounds included in this initial version of the product (Lite):
- Replicas of classic house organ sounds
- Celesta, Music Box, Xylophone
- A range of bass sounds including a “reconstructed” pizzicato upright bass
There are four layers, accessible on page 1: two transient layers, and two tail layers. Levels can be adjusted as balance between each of the tail/transient layers respectively, and globally between transients and tails. Each layer contains sample offset and tuning controls as well as a “humanize” function which introduces subtle to not-so-subtle random pitch variations (especially helpful for making non-tonal transients more realistic).
The settings page (page 2) is where the details of the engine are determined. A range of controls allow shaping of the crossfade curve, point of crossover and initial transient, as well as filters for the transient and envelope shaping for the overall sound.
There’s also a sophisticated velocity mapping section which allows for realistic mapping of velocity to HP/LP filters and volume.
The effects page includes filters, EQ, saturation and delay + reverb controls.
- 4 layers of sound: 2 transient layers and 2 tail layers
- Extensive sound sculpting controls, including crossover fade (between transient and tail samples), crossover point, tail envelope, transient attack curve (shape)
- Vibrato, Velocity Sensitivity (Volume, Low Pass and High Pass) and Humanize Controls for in-depth realism
- 20 Presets: Tap Celesta, Tap Bell, Mr Android Pluck, Plastic Pizzicato Bass, Breathy Stab, Expansive Xylophone, Rhodesian Scholar, House Organ, Vibey House Organ, Steel Drum Baby, Music Box, Starlight Swoosh, A Gong or Two, Plucky Squelchy Bass, White Noise Organ Stab, Pillow Harp, Gamelan, Hammond Bass, Electric Bass, Heavy Tines.
- Replika Analog Style delay
- Based on Riot Audio’s proprietary BIONIC TRANSIENT SPLICING ENGINE
- Total size of sampled content: 0.36 GB
- Requires Native Instruments Kontakt 6.4.2 (Full Version)